Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wonder Google


When I was 16, I found out out about the hottest, newest thing: Hotmail email! Everyone who was anyone had it. At the time, I was running AOL ("You've got mail!"). Naturally, being the sheep I was back then, I signed up for it. I wanted my whole name, but, as I've found, there is another Natalie Emery out there, who was much faster on the uptake for trends than I was. I settled for a mish-mash of my name with my softball number jersey. This email has since died after I went to college, but I checked it religiously. Now, I only use that email for sites where I'm required to enter an email address, which I'm sure they'll slap into a database to be used for spam later.


Right now, because I have an email for this class, I have three email accounts that I check regularly. Constantly, in fact. And since I've been in charge of the marketing group this year, that means that you have access to nearly every single one of Ooligan's inboxes. It's massive. It's challenging just to keep up. Granted, I'm not supposed to check all of these, but I'm involved in External Promotions, there's a 42 email specific inbox, an Oregon at Work blurb inbox, and many, many more. I don't check those inboxes very often, but it seems that when I don't for a spell, something has come up that I have to scramble to reply to.


But I do love, love, love my Gmail accounts. They make it easy to do everything there, and in the madness of webmail's thousand email addresses at Ooligan, it's nice to know that everything is under one roof. My calendar, some documents of my choosing, and I can label emails in a very organized fashion. Color-coded, even! Google has never ceased to amaze me, and I hope they never will.

1 comment:

Brian said...

When I was sixteen, there was no such thing as email. Love the pic, by the way.